Dental Implant Maintenance: Caring for Implant-based Restorations
Dental implant restorations from Natural Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida, allow you to regain your smile’s function and beauty after tooth loss. Designed like natural teeth, dental implants are by far the most practical, durable, and natural-looking teeth replacements.
Caring for your restoration becomes a priority once you’ve invested in dental implants. Although they are designed to last for life, proper maintenance is vital to ensure they remain in excellent condition. Need help maintaining your dental implant restorations? Dr. Beata Carlson and associates share handy tips to prolong the life of your dental implant restorations.
- Brushing: Like natural teeth, dental implants’ lifespan depends on how well you care for them. Brush your teeth twice daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid irritating your implants.
- Flossing: Floss at least once daily, especially before bedtime. Please pay special attention to the area around the implant because it’s susceptible to accumulated food debris.
- Regular dental visits: Routine dental check-ups help your dentist monitor the progress of your dental implant and entire mouth while giving your teeth the professional cleaning they deserve. Routine dental visits should continue even after your implants heal, as they unearth hidden issues that can compromise your smile.
- Tame bruxism: Although dental implants are secured firmly in the jawbone, constant tooth grinding and clenching can dislodge them. We recommend you talk to your dentist about a custom-fitted night guard to protect your implants and smile from bruxism.
- Quit smoking: Right after the implant surgery, you must avoid tobacco items to encourage the healing process and minimize the chances of complications. Furthermore, maintaining a tobacco-free lifestyle even after your implants have fully healed is highly recommended. Smoking heightens the vulnerability to infections, potentially jeopardizing the integrity of your implant-supported restorations.
Dental implant restorations are sturdy and reliable but need optimal dental care to provide lifelong benefits. The good news is that caring for dental implants isn’t cumbersome — good oral hygiene and regular professional care are enough to ensure long-term success for your implants.
Dental implant restorations near me
Are you looking for dental implant restorations in Clearwater, FL? You are in the right place. We use bio-inert, ceramic implant-based restorations to rebuild your smile for a superior outcome. Please call 727-888-6929 to schedule your implant consultation today.