Request an Appointment to Learn More About Quality Metal Free Porcelain Veneers
Many of our patients in Clearwater, Florida, are interested in discovering how high-quality dental metal-free veneers can enhance their smiles. At Natural Dentistry, Dr. Beata A. Carlson and Associates believe in providing holistic and biocompatible solutions for patients. This includes offering paper-thin metal-free restorations to cover flaws such as porcelain veneers. Below are some commonly asked questions she hears about patients seeking porcelain veneers “near me.”
What is a Porcelain Veneer?
Dr. Beata A. Carlson and Associates describe the porcelain veneer as a very thin ceramic shell. It is made to match a patient’s existing tooth color, shape, and size before bonding over a tooth with an imperfection. The veneer is an attractive solution for many of our patients interested in providing a solution for something within their smile that makes them feel self-conscious about their appearance. They can be used for one or several anterior (front) teeth.
How are Porcelain Veneers Used?
Porcelain veneers are best used to restore a more beautiful appearance to the smile. These restorations cover common imperfections that may cause patients to be embarrassed or uncomfortable sharing their smiles with others. These restorations are typically used to cover:
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
- Unusually shaped teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
Do Porcelain Veneers Look Natural?
Absolutely! Porcelain is the most common material used for veneers because it can mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel. When patients obtain porcelain veneers from Dr. Beata A. Carlson and associates, they can rest easy so that their restoration looks just like the rest of their smile for seamless integration. Her laboratory will fabricate a veneer that blends with the patient’s smile.
What is the Process of Obtaining Porcelain Veneers?
- Consultation. First, patients undergo an initial evaluation and consultation appointment with Dr. Beata A. Carlsonand associates to determine if the porcelain veneer is suitable for their smile.
- Preparation. Then, the tooth, or teeth, are prepared by removing a thin amount of enamel off the front of the tooth. This is roughened to ensure adhesion with the dental bonding used to put the veneer in place.
- Impressions. Molded or digital impressions are then made of the prepared tooth or teeth before they are sent to a dental laboratory.
- Fabrication. Patients will have a temporary veneer placed over the tooth or teeth while a dental laboratory creates the final restoration within a few weeks.
- Placement. Once the porcelain veneer is completed, patients return for the removal of their temporary dental veneer and the bonding of their permanent one.
Request an Appointment with Our Team of Professionals Today!
Quality porcelain veneers to enhance the smile are just a phone call away! Dr. Beata A. Carlson and her team at Natural Dentistry of Clearwater, Florida, are here to help their patients with beautiful, custom-made restorations. If you are interested in learning more about the coverage and benefits of porcelain veneers, connect with her team today by calling 727-888-6929 to schedule an evaluation and initial exam! Our practice is conveniently located at 1825 Sunset Point Road and is open to new patients and families.