Newsletter 3-august-2015 Dr.Allen Spiegel Hyperbaric Oxygen
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, as Dr. Spiegel states in this interview, “is the best kept secret in medicine.” By having a person lie in an enclosed chamber, oxygen can be introduced into the body at higher than normal atmospheric pressure, similar to being in the cabin of an airplane, only with 100% oxygen!
What does this do for one’s health? Anyone who is experiencing any of the chronic degenerative health issues related to poor blood flow and oxygen delivery can greatly benefit. Any injured tissue, interior or on the exterior, needs lots of oxygen to regain function, so higher levels can permeate the entire organism to promote healing and help fight off infections.
In Natural Dentistry, we are familiar with the use of ozone, a supercharged oxygen molecule (O3) that kills anaerobic bacteria around the gums and in cavitations and under root canal extractions, but we were not expecting the remarkable results achieved by Dr. Spiegel on returning soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan with debilitating injuries from IED blasts ( IED = Improvised Explosive Device).
Oxygen is foundational to health. Please watch this interview with Allen to get the full story of the healing power of oxygen. You will be inspired!
What Are Some of the Benefits of HBOT?
- Increases oxygen flow to tissues
- Encourages growth of new blood vessels in areas of the body that have poor circulation
- Improves blood flow to organs.
- Encourages production of superoxide dismutase (SOD), an antioxidant that helps decrease inflammation and reduce free radicals in cells
- Helps heal infections, due to an increase in white blood cell activity
Ray Behm, DDS