Discover the benefits of LightWalker® dental laser treatments
Laser dentistry was FDA approved in 1990 and has since been incorporated into dental practices. At Natural Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida, we utilize the LightWalker® laser for dental treatments. The LightWalker® laser can be used for hard and soft tissue treatments to improve oral health.
Laser dentistry offers patients and dentists an excellent alternative to traditional treatments. The laser energy provides superior precision, faster healing, and a reduced risk of bleeding or infection. As a result, patients experience minor discomfort during treatment, reducing the need for anesthetics or a lengthy recovery period.
What is the LightWalker® dental laser?
When it comes to dental treatments, patients should not have to compromise on quality. The Fotona LightWalker® laser uses a patented Quantum Square Pulse (QSP) mode, which offers improved patient comfort, speed, and results from dental treatments. The LightWalker® laser outperforms other Erbium lasers in speed and precision and is very effective in hard and soft tissue treatments.
Lasers also offer versatility in their usage options. They may be used for cosmetic, rehabilitative, and general dentistry, including the following treatments:
- Dental cleanings
- Cavity treatments
- Scaling and root planning procedures
- Treatment for an infection or abscess
- Teeth whitening
Benefits of LightWalker® laser treatments
Laser dentistry takes dental care to the next level with fast, comfortable procedures. There are numerous benefits to dental treatments with the LightWalker® laser, including:
- Precision – Traditional restorative treatments such as dental crowns and fillings involve using a drill to extract the damaged or diseased part of the tooth. Unfortunately, this also removes healthy parts of the tooth. Laser energy can dislodge the decayed portion without damaging healthy enamel as the narrow energy beam only targets the problem area.
- No drilling – For patients with dental anxieties, the sound of a dental drill can increase fears. The LightWalker® laser lacks the distinct sound of a routine, putting patients at ease during treatment.
- Faster healing – The laser effectively targets the treatment site. The energy vaporizes the diseased or damaged areas while also promoting blood clotting. This jumpstarts the healing process and reduces bleeding. As a result, patients experience faster healing and minimal discomfort. Bacterial infections and inflammation are also minimized as the laser sterilizes the area.
- Less downtime – Since the treatment itself also encourages healing; patients have a shorter recovery period. The laser heals wounds and regenerates tissues.
- Non-surgical – Many complicated procedures can be treated with a laser reducing the need for invasive surgeries, thus reducing the possibility of post-procedural complications. Treatments also reduce the need for injections and anesthesia.
- Treatments for hard and soft tissues – Laser dentistry treats cold sores, lesions, and gum disease. The therapy is also appropriate for teeth whitening, cavity detection and treatment, and crown preparation.
The Fotona LightWalker® dental laser goes a step beyond offering extreme precision, safety, and versatility in treatments. If you would like more information on LightWalker® laser treatments, contact Natural Dentistry in Clearwater, Florida today. Please call us on 727-888-6929.