Restore your smile the healthy, natural way with holistic tooth extractions in Clearwater, FL
The keyword here, though, is healthy. It is not good to retain portions of a tooth that are diseased or that pose potential oral health problems. And when your mouth isn’t healthy, your body can’t be healthy due to the well-documented oral-systemic connections. Holistic tooth extractions in Clearwater, FL, at Natural Dentistry Dr. Beata A. Carlson and Associates are straightforward, uneventful, and well-tolerated.
Patients appreciate that the dental team uses a range of technologies, products, and techniques as gentle alternatives to conventional instruments. For instance, the dreaded sensations and sounds produced by the drill, and scary needles and shots that uncomfortably numb mouths for far too long, and interfere with clear speech, and eating and drinking. Additionally, this approach is a safe and healthy alternative to a conventional dental treatment: the root canal procedure.
The nerve-wracking truth about root canals
Root canals themselves are not to blame, as technically they are a part of the anatomy and structure of your tooth. They represent the part of the pulp cavity at the center of each tooth. The problem doesn’t reside with these passageways that provide life-giving nutrients to the tooth; instead, the issue is with the procedure that is used to “restore” the tooth when its insides become inflamed or infected as the result of severe decay, repeated dental treatments, old or worn restorations, or deep cracks and other trauma.
During root canal procedures, dentists remove the inflamed or infected nerves, blood vessels, and other pulp tissues. Often, patients with infected teeth feel significant pain and experience swelling of oral and facial tissues. By removing these living tissues, they get immediate relief from persistent and intense discomfort. Afterward, dentists sterilize or clean the pulp chamber, refill the tooth with thermoplastic gutta-percha material, and then seal off the treated site with adhesive cement. The idea is to prevent harmful bacteria from re-infecting the tooth, by sealing off the treated area. The finishing touch is the white cap or crown that makes up the bulk of the tooth’s structure, visible above the gum line.
Request an Appointment
Through the decades, dentists have marketed root canal treatment as the only way to “save” a severely decayed or very damaged tooth; however, as a holistic dental office, Natural Dentistry can’t recommend this treatment as it doesn’t really “treat” anything.
It creates new problems, and here is why:
- The root canal procedure lifts pain but doesn’t wholly “lift” or remove all bacterial microorganisms. Even the most diligent and exacting techniques can’t eliminate 100% of all toxins present as the result of inflammation and infection.
- Even if the dentist were able to remove all of the bacteria and toxins, these harmful microorganisms and poisons would make way for new ones. After the tooth has been accessed, no amount of sealing material and skilled technique can perfectly and completely close off the tampered pulp chamber. Additionally, more bacteria can enter the tooth and build upon the bacteria left behind during the process of “sterilizing” the chamber.
- Naturally, the bacteria are allowed to flourish. And root canal therapy worsens this situation because, since the nerves have been removed, patients don’t feel the infection growing in their mouths.
- As with all oral infections, there is the potential for bacteria in the mouth to travel to the bloodstream where they can wreak havoc on other organs, systems, and body parts. After all, the oral-systemic connection illustrated!
- Finally, the gutta-percha material can produce adverse effects. Your body recognizes it as a “foreign” substance, which can set off a chain of events that ultimately leads to inflammation, infection, allergic reactions, and mostly compromises the immune system. For these and other reasons, the dentists at Natural Dentistry recommend “starting from scratch.”
It’s essential to rethink your perception of extractions; removing a tooth should not be considered the absolute last resort after a root canal procedure.
With gentle surgical extraction at the Clearwater, FL office, our holistic dentists don’t leave behind toxins and bacteria. They can rebuild the tooth and its surrounding site healthily and safely. Additionally, as an advanced practice specializing in biological and biomimetic dentistry, patients benefit from:
- Metal-free dental implants made from durable, lifelike, and genuinely biocompatible zirconia ceramic
- Ozone and laser-assisted therapies, which help to unlock your body’s speedy and healthy healing capabilities
- Dr. Beata A. Carlson’s “The Secret” daily home care regimen to support lasting oral health
- Anodyne Infrared Therapy post-extraction to promote healing and relieve pain naturally
- A range of powerful antioxidants, supplements, and homeopathic products designed around you and your needs.
Looking at damaged teeth through the lens of a holistic dental practitioner makes a world of difference.